All conference submissions must be done through PaperPlaza and submitted by
September 17 September 28, 2017 – New extended deadline! (see the message below from the General Chair and the Program Chair) . Authors of accepted papers are expected to attend the ACC and present their work.
A contributed paper is intended to be a complete description of finished work. Accepted papers are limited to 6 pages in the conference proceedings at no extra charge; up to two extra pages are allowed for a charge of USD 200 each. Note that there is no separate short paper format.
Invited session proposals should present a unified theme from diverse viewpoints. Each proposal should consist of a summary statement and six regular papers (not abstracts). The organizer notifies Contributing Authors (CAs) of their invited session code. The corresponding author of each paper submits the paper online (PDF format) as an invited paper. Submission as an invited paper requires the invited session code.
For more information on invited sessions please contact the Vice Chair for Invited Sessions: Juergen Hahn (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Tutorial Sessions (NEW):
Tutorial sessions are a type of invited session intended to provide an accessible introduction to a topic of general interest. Tutorial presentations may be 20, 40, or 60 minutes long, with the total session time not to exceed 2 hours. Papers are optional, but if submitted must undergo the standard review process. Tutorial papers may be up to 18 pages long, with the total page count of the session not to exceed 36 pages. Collaborations with industry are encouraged.
For more information on industry & application tutorial sessions please the Vice Chair for Industry & Applications: Ken Butts (email@example.com).
A brief description of the session, indicating the topic(s) to be covered and who will be making presentations in the session, should be submitted electronically (through PaperPlaza). Special sessions usually do not include presentations of papers that are peer-reviewed and included in the conference proceedings.
For more information, or to discuss possible special session topics, please contact the Vice Chair for Special Sessions: Nejat Olgac (firstname.lastname@example.org) .
Support for Authors
Author’s Kits with style (.cls) files for LaTeX and templates (.dot) for MS-Word are available from the conference submission site. Go to the PaperPlaza website and select “Support” for these files and example files, or directly go to support page.
ACC 2018 Submission and Registration Policies
- All papers submitted to ACC 2018, whether for review or publication upon acceptance, must be written in English and formatted in the standard 2-column format provided on PaperPlaza.
- For initial submissions, all regular and invited papers are limited to eight (8) pages. PaperPlaza will not permit longer papers to be uploaded.
- For final upload and publication in the conference proceedings, all accepted contributed and invited papers are limited to six (6) pages at no extra charge. Authors may upload longer manuscripts up to a maximum of eight (8) pages total. However, each page in excess of six will incur a charge of USD 200.
- At least one of the authors listed on the paper must register for ACC 2018 at the full member/non-member rate to upload the final manuscript. A maximum of 4 papers can be uploaded with a single registration. Additional uploads on the same registration will require a payment of USD 200 per paper.
- Please note: If an author registers at a reduced registration rate (student/retiree), s/he will not be able to use that registration to upload the final paper.
- Please consider submitting your paper early and ensuring your paper satisfies the PDF check. Revised versions of papers can be resubmitted up until the deadline. No extensions of the deadline are foreseen.
All papers must be submitted electronically using PaperPlaza.
Only PDF files will be accepted. A maximum file size of 2MB for all uploaded papers is enforced. Click here for information on creating IEEE Xplore-compatible PDFs.
Page size requirement: http://css.paperplaza.net/conferences/support/page.php
Final Manuscript Submission:
(New Extended Submission Date)
September 28, 2017
|January 25, 2018||
February 26, 2018
To the members of the ACC community:
In response to our colleagues whose facilities have been damaged by Hurricane Harvey, and to our colleagues who are now in the midst of preparation for Hurricane Irma, the submission deadline for the 2018 American Control Conference is extended by one week. The new submission deadline for contributed, invited, and tutorial papers is MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 25TH.
To those who have been impacted by recent extreme weather events, including the devastating monsoons in India, Nepal, and Bangladesh, we extend our sympathy. To those in the path of imminent danger, we extend our concern. You are all in our thoughts.
Again, the submission date for all 2018 ACC reviewed papers is extended to MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 25TH.
Jordan M Berg, ACC 2018 General Chair
Zongli Lin, ACC 2018 Program Chair