Best Student Paper Award (Announcement)
The 2018 ACC is pleased to announce a Student Best Paper Award: All primary, first-listed authors of a regular contributed paper who were students at the time of submission are eligible. To be considered for the award, the paper must be nominated by the student’s advisor. The nomination must be submitted through PaperPlaza (From the PaperPlaza main page, click on “Submit a contribution to 2018 ACC” and then “Student Best Paper Nomination.”) The deadline for nominations is September 30, 2018.
The finalists are required to present their paper at the conference to be eligible to receive the award. Travel expenses including hotel, transportation, conference registration, and meals/incidental expenses (on a per diem basis) will be covered to enable the finalists to attend.
Student Travel Application Instructions
The 2018 American Control Conference Organizing Committee is pleased to provide partial student support for students traveling to the 2018 ACC in Milwaukee WI, USA. The 2018 ACC thanks the generous sponsors who make this support possible.
The following three conditions are required for support:
- The applicant must have been enrolled as a student at the 2018 ACC paper submission deadline (September 25, 2016).
- The applicant must register for the conference and present a paper.
- The applicant must not submit expenses that are being reimbursed from other sources.
Application for student travel support must be made by the student (only) by FEBRUARY 23, 2018. Applicants will be notified of the outcome on or about MARCH 9, 2018. The amount of support will depend on available funds and the number of applicants.
Unfortunately, the 2018 American Control Conference may not be able to cover all of the travel expenses, for qualified students. We have a limited student support budget, but will assist as best we can within these constraints. While the exact amount of support will not be determined until all applications are received, the following information may be helpful for planning purposes: The 2018 ACC is planning to cover the cost of advance student registration ($235) and provide partial lodging support.
- Students should not register for the conference until they have been notified of the outcome of their application. The conference registration process may be different for supported students.
- Hotel costs will be covered for the conference hotel only (Hilton Milwaukee City Center Hotel), directly with the hotel. The exact amount of support will be decided and announced via email on March 16, 2018, one week after the student travel support application deadline.
The application process is as follows:
- Download and complete the application form: pdf or MS-word.
- A brief letter of support from the student’s academic advisor will also be required in the process, verifying the student status of the applicant.
- Go to PaperPlaza and click on “Submit a Contribution to 2018 ACC.”
- Scroll down to the Student Travel Award Application, and hit “Submit.’
- Upload and submit the completed application from Steps 1 and 2.
You will receive an e-mail confirmation that your application has been received. If you do not receive confirmation within 48 hours, contact Prof. Alexander Leonessa (by email at firstname.lastname@example.org), ACC 2018 Vice Chair for Student Affairs. In March you will be informed whether you are eligible for support.
Student Roommate Services: Website information
Student Hotel Accommodation – Roommate Assistance:
To help students identify other students who may be interested in sharing a room at the 2018 American Control Conference hotel (Hilton Milwaukee City Center Hotel), we will compile the information in a spreadsheet and share with you.
Send an email to email@example.com with the subject: “2018 ACC Roommate Finder”. In the mail message, please include (cut/paste/enter) the following information:
- Institution / Company / Affiliation
- Email address
- Phone number (optional)
Please respond by May 11th, 2018
We will compile the information in a spreadsheet and return to all who submit information on a regular basis. It is your responsibility to contact prospective roommates and to make the hotel arrangements. Individuals should conduct their own appropriate inquiries or screenings. Hotel reservations can be made directly (at this link). A competitive rate is being offered, for students, while our room block lasts.
AACC, AIAA, AIChE, ASCE, ASME, IFAC, IEEE, ISA, SIAM, SCS, and the members of the Organizing Committee assume no responsibility for your arrangements.
For any additional information or questions on Student Programs please contact:
Vice Chair for Student Affairs